20100823

Here's a chapter...

So if you know me well you've heard my story and inevitably you've told me I should write a book. Tonight while working on a volunteer project that had taken up more hours than anything volunteer should, I heard myself...


...it was as though I was standing on a stage telling my audience that with enough hard work those dreams that make your heart want to break every time you think about them will come true. Just keep going!
What followed was a single tear taking it's sweet time getting down my cheek. As I sat there staring at the computer screen filled with other people's art, their passions... I felt like I was bleeding.

see... I'm an actor, an artist.

But??
I know. You see: sweaty, filthy from head to toe, building something, striking something, on a headset, peering through the viewfinder, editing, or organizing details that make all that possible. That's "Techie" me
Sure... I'm good at what I do and I take pride in that, but tonight I felt the life draining.
I loathe that word.
To me it is just reminder that I am on the wrong side.

I've been a performer for as long as I can remember. Flashback! 6 yr old Priscilla in a foster home belting into a hairbrush, (side note... imagine the scary hair that I had if there was a hairbrush near my head) dancing my heart out to Tina Turner "What's Love Got to Do With It".

Life took some interesting twists and turns and I assumed the role I needed to play growing up for better or for worse, (free therapy anyone?) but the silly 6 year old who was living out who she was created to be... in the middle of one of the most traumatic seasons of her life, is still me and I know that the day is coming sooner than later when my days of building and running the game are through and I can just play!

0 comments: