20091231

As the Clock Ticks Down...

and 2009 comes to a close, most of my day was spent trying to reflect and plan with very little success. I'm sure it's the same for most, but it seems to have been so short in some respects and in others as though eons have passed.
I went hiking today in Runyon Canyon Park. Breathtaking views of the city... my city... my home.

Home...

I never would have known that this year I would finally find the place my heart is home. Just saying it brings tears to my eyes. I know I know... always the emotional one! Those of you who know me and have been with me along the way can attest to this seemingly being the longest journey ever... but today standing on that hill/mountain, looking at the mountains, the ocean and the vast city in front of me all is as it should be.
I looked back at may journal entries from my dreaming session last year and without me even knowing I was accomplishing things they happened... Finding my home ( It was in those exact words on the page.. I had no idea), moving to LA ( that one has been a focus of course), met Kathy Griffin (even the little things!), paying down debt even happened a little. Of course there are a million things on that list, some are in process and some, I've found I've either outgrown or my priorities have changed... no worries.. it's all part of the journey.

I look forward to what 2010 has in store for me... last week I heard that the last decade was deemed the Decade from Hell by Time Magazine. I think back and can't agree... There were definite moments of pure hell, yes that I can agree with but to deem the entire decade Hell... that's pretty harsh. And in reflection those moments of hell gave me the choice to be destroyed or fight through to learn anything no matter how small. I am a fighter I always have been and pray that I always will be.

10 years ago we were sitting around, playing games wondering if when the hands met at 12 our world would come to a halt... the second hand ticked by the remaining seconds of a millennium and 12:00:01 we were handed another second, minute, hour, day, week, month, year, decade to live the life we were born to live. I have done and plan to do nothing less. Along the way I have met the most amazing people, many who continue to journey with me in some capacity and I look forward to the adventures ahead! Happy New Year!

0 comments: